So it has been a while since I updated our blog. It's been a pretty crazy few weeks since my surgery. Between passing a kidney stone and having a nasty cold there hasn't been much time for me to update our blog. Anyway here goes! Within a couple of days after my surgery the doctor put me on half a dose of fertility drugs. The idea is that if I produce more eggs there is a greater chance of conception. So a couple weeks later we went for an ultrasound to see how my body was reacting to the medication. I was really hoping we would conceive that month because the side-effects I had been experiencing from the fertility drugs were not pleasant. We were very disappointed when the doctor showed us on the screen that I was still producing only one egg. We decided that we would try the full dose of the fertility drug (I am on Clomid) and hope that my body would produce more eggs with the higher dose. We also learned that it appears that my endometriosis was at about stage 2 (there are 4 stages) and the doctor said that they were able to laser everything they could find so our best chances to conceive are within the next year. We have an upcoming appointment for an ultrasound and pray that this time there will be more than one egg!
We are very thankful at this time to have an answer for the reason why we have not conceived so far. However the answer we received comes with challenges of its own. I am glad to report that since my surgery I have experienced much less pain from the endometriosis. We see this as a blessing from God and continue to look to Him for what He has planned for us in this life.
So glad to hear that the laparoscopy has at least benefited your endo. Hopefully you'll see more positive results at your next ultrasound!
ReplyDelete